Monday, March 23, 2009

I saved 47% on my shopping bill this week!

I went armed with my shopping list, coupons, sales ad, and envelopes into Safeway this Sunday. It was packed!  I had a blast shopping, my goal was to save as much money as I possibly could while purchasing everything I needed  to feed my family for 2 weeks.  I needed to make 11 complete dinners, and 14 breakfasts, and 14 lunches.  There are 6 of us total.   Now we do have staples in the house already, so I wasn't starting from absolute scratch.   

I came out spending $65.10 with a total savings of $59.28.  I chose Safeway this week based on the store ads that I got in the mail.  I weighed the deals against each other and then based on which one had the best bargains I made my meal plan.  

So with my safeway club card I saved $41.98 and with my manufacturers coupons I saved an additional $17.30.  It wasn't a big coupon day, I had several I wanted to use, but if the item is still at full price I don't use my coupons.  I will adjust my menu to wait until the item is on sale. 

Hope this inspires you to plan ahead and clip those coupons!  It is well worth it. 


1 comment:

  1. Wow good for you! Definitely inspired me to use coupons, I often times don't because it doesn't "seem" to be a big savings, but obviously it is! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete