Monday, March 30, 2009

Coupon Clipping

Each Sunday after church I get so excited to put the kids down for a nap, grab my newspaper, and jump into the sales ads and coupons.  I sit down with my tools at hand, a cup of coffee, and this becomes "mommy time".  I am going to share a few things that I am learning on my coupon adventure.

As far as tools...
  • I make sure to have a good pen for list writing.
  • Sharp scisscors for cutting.
  • A clean and clear kitchen table.
  • My coupon file (many people have different ways to organize their coupons)
  • Sales Ads
  • Laptop
So far my coupon file has 4 categories
  1. Groceries
  2. Health & Beauty
  3. Household 
  4. Misc. (these are coupons for book stores, bed bath & beyond, etc)
I look through all the sales ads in search of items that are on sale that I also have the coupons for.  Sometimes you can get them nearly free!  And often times they are free!  When I find a newspaper that has a good amount of deals, I will buy another paper and double up on coupons. This is also how I make my meals plans, based on what is on sale and what I have coupons for.

Also, I met a lady this weekend who told me about this website, it is a WEALTH (literally) of information.   There are forums, blogs, and more that go into a ton of details about the world of coupons and deals that are available to you, and if you can believe it, it is free!  Ready, set, SAVE!








1 comment:

  1. Hey Jack! Thanks for reading my blog and sharing a great tip, I already just in glancing found 3 coupons I need this week. Great link.

    -mommyandwife

    ReplyDelete